Tuesday, January 13, 2009

olive's second topic....

hi everybody....

this is my second topic...about "Is the quality of education in other country not really good like Indonesia?"
Today I got BP lesson by Mr. Peter... he told us about the quality of education in Indonesia is better than others...I don't know why he told like that...But I want to ask you Miss Rachel, Is that right? because he so made me doubtful about my plan to overseas study...
moreover, Is that difficult to get a good job after I graduate from the University in other country?
especially in USA...

olive XII science 1 / 07

13 comments:

  1. is it? i knew it just now from u. .then why everybody from years ago until now still want to go to another country to study? if it's right.then that issue should spread fast and some of us of course know something about it and tell the others. .

    as i know. .government of other countries really appreciate us which have a skill,want to work hard,and etc. they will give us a good job and please us to stay at their country.and better for them if we want to help their country and become one of their citizen,doesnt it? o.O~
    --that's why students here go abroad and leave our beautiful country(actually).

    and the other issue is.that our government dont appreciate us although we have 'that' skill.to make this country better--as an example maybe.
    they don't want if their position is changed by us.they give priority to their children who still dont have a good job.they wont care about us

    i actually dont know well bout this. .i only heard some from the others..

    vita12a1.34

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, Olive...
    you're continuing your studies abroad, aren't you?

    just compare your studies there with Indonesia...
    Experience is the best teacher LoL...

    and yeah, from what I heard, Indonesia's education is better than another country...
    we got lots of subjects and we study almost 7 hours/day, plus some another extracurricular activities, etc...

    but, why our human resources are still worse than the others?
    that's the real prob...

    ReplyDelete
  3. well..

    about that topic....
    me too.. i was doubtful..
    but.. if we listen to other people's opinion.. it will not go into an end.. those opinions will make u even more and more doubtful about ur study overseas..
    so, i stop hearing other people's opinion.. i've had enough.. hha.. and btw, i will continue my studies overseas, too.. in australia..

    @harry

    why our human resources are still worse than the others?
    lots of subjects and study.. 7 hours a day + bbi lesson we get every afternoon until evening..
    maybe bcoz of those stuffs.. the students feel bored? so they dont want to think bout study? (yeah, it happens to me.. =p)
    and then they bcome lazy.. that's the real problem...

    Indonesian's people problem.. hha..

    Christian XIIA1/28

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most experts agree that the UK and America have the best higher education institutions in the world. But, to really answer this question, we have to ask: What is a good education?

    I think a great education helps you develop important analytical and critical thinking skills. Your classes should not only educate you about the world and the challenges your generation faces, but it should prepare you to solve these problems and challenges. To do this, your classes must challenge your preconceived notions and help you to "think outside the box." In other words, an education is more than memorizing math equations and historical figures, it is about learning how to think.

    I loved my university experience in America because I think it accomplished the educational goals I outlined above. Beyond this, though, studying abroad will never hurt you. We live in a globalized world, and learning to live independently in an unfamiliar culture is an imperative skill. Olive, I trust that you will find more than just a "classroom education" in America, you will also learn a lot about yourself.

    I don't know anything about finding a job in the U.S. if you are not a U.S. citizen . . .

    I think what Pak Peter was trying to communicate in class is that going abroad just to say "Look, I have a degree from a foreign country" is not ideal. In this case, you are studying abroad for prestige only. Instead, I think he is encouraging you to think about why you want to study abroad. Your reason should be more than prestige.

    We can talk about this more in person too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Milun :
    yeah I think the school time make us stressed all the time...
    you know, Singapore's high school students only study for about 5 hours in their school, without any BBI like ours, but they're still better than us...
    so, mental problem?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Harry

    mental problem it is..
    rofl..
    really? 5 hours?
    that's great.. but, you really know how things work there?
    my cousin , that have been there for about 1,5 year said that he sleep at 1:00 / 2:00 AM because of his assignment...
    well.. not always, but that fact really surprised me..
    because at first i think that in singapore , we will have more leisure time..

    i cant imagine how all things about studies work in australia..
    because i will continue my study there..
    u know something about that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Milun :
    I heard from Danika that it's not much different from Indonesia...
    but I think the lesson there is easier, but more assignments I think...

    where are you going actually?
    Binus or Aussie?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @harry
    Surabaya..
    STTS.. but my study program there is different.
    i will study 2 years in STTS Surabaya,
    then i will go to Australia, Swinburne University.
    there in Australia , i will study for 1 year..

    that's me..
    how bout you?

    is there anyone else who will go study abroad?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Milun :
    ooooh the "2+1" program?
    I wanted to take that before, but now I'm going to study abroad actually :D

    I'm going to UCSI in Malaysia, I've looked what the university looks like, and I think it's ok tho :D

    I hope I can be there :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. UCSI?

    i know that University..
    it's.. University College Sedaya International..
    right?

    is there any exams you must take before becoming one of the UCSI student?
    and from where did you know that university?

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh right that one!
    I knew that one from Raymond's sister...
    well, because she's studying in Malaysia too...

    and I think there aren't any exams...
    you just need to pass the requirements ;)

    where did you know UCSI? o__O

    ReplyDelete
  12. well.. heard that university from my friend...
    he wanted to go to UCSI.. but he changed his mind..
    now, he's in Monash University.. =D

    ReplyDelete
  13. who? :O
    I feel bad to leave Indonesia and living in another country without any relatives there...

    hope everything will be fine :D

    ReplyDelete