Sunday, January 25, 2009

Big News - Eclipse will come!


Salut all!
From the news on the papers and TVs, Indonesians will have the rare opportunity to view a solar eclipse Monday afternoon, January 26th, as the archipelago is the only land mass on earth from which the annual cosmic occurrence will be visible.
The news said that the fullest form will be occur through the southern part of Sumatra, the western part of Java and the central part of Kalimantan.

The scientists also said that it is extremely harmful/dangerous to view a solar eclipse directly with unprotected eyes or common sunglasses.
So they gave 2 tips to watch the eclipse:
  1. Watch the eclipse through sunglasses
  2. The shadow of the eclipse can also safely be viewed in a reflection, for example from water in a bucket.
Phew, it's a greatest rare moment that we can see it, and it will happen on the Chinese New Year. Is there any connection between these 2 great moment (Eclipse and Chinese New Year) ??

And I think maybe we can only see this solar eclipse once for a life...!
I hope there will be nobody that miss it..!


=EDYCAKRA XII IPA 5 / 9=

7 comments:

  1. arkacyde said to me via sms (hahahaha) that the solar ring eclipse won't happen on monday morning, but on the afternoon about 15.20-15.30.

    but, jakarta, surabaya, denpasar can only see a partial eclipse. sumatera, kalimantan and sulawesi can see it fully, though.

    don't miss it guys, it's not an annual event!!

    ^.^

    ~ming~

    Yohanes
    XII-A5/28

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have waited from 3 pm
    but it was cloudy
    I couldnt see the sun..

    sigh.....T_T

    ReplyDelete
  3. i cant see the eclipse..

    it was raining heavily.. =.= how can i saw the eclipse..?

    =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi guys..

    I want to share about my foolish..hahaha..so embarrasing I think..haha..

    When I saw this title, I did not think like you think.. You think about THE REAL ECLIPSE..hehe..But I think that Eca will post about Eclipse, the third book of Twilight..hahaha..But after I read it all, OMG!!haha.. Maybe I am too crazy about twilight..haha.. too addicted..hoho..
    so embarrasing..

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha,,

    i missed it too, hehehe. but i think the sky is dark around that time.

    do you guys know, some people said that a disaster will happen to the place where we can see the "sky event" perfectly. so, if we in malang can see the eclipse perfectly, a disaster will happen in malang..

    i don't know whether it is correct or not, but i think it is only a myth (or anything the term is) which doesn't have any scientific explanation.

    do you have any information about it?
    share with me here!

    ~ming~

    Yohanes
    XII-A5/28

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard we could see the full eclipse from Philippines :o

    but, too bad, we can't see the full eclipse on Malang :P

    ReplyDelete